5 Reasons to Sell Your Houston Home Now
It’s never too late to put your Houston home on the market! If your home did not sell this summer, or if you weren’t quite ready to sell yet, the fall and winter months could hold great opportunity. Here’s why!
1. There are fewer homes for sale. With less competition on the market, your home has a better chance of capturing immediate attention from serious buyers. This is especially true for Houston homes in certain price points, where home inventory was up during much of the summer.
2. Serious home buyers are searching year around! Home buyers are motivated to act before the Federal Reserve raises the benchmark lending rate, which some analysts predict happening in December 2016. You’ll also deal with fewer causal shoppers who are always looking at homes as a pastime, but never buying.
3. International buyers are looking at Houston homes 24/7, 365 days a year. The Internet is never closed! Home buyers and investors from around the world are active in U.S. real estate year around. Diverse, global cities like Houston are among their top choices.
4. Less backlog with home appraisers, moving companies, contractors and other industry professionals. Selling your Houston home during the “peak season” can have its drawbacks, with delays happening beyond your control and beyond your agent’s control.
For example, a buyer’s mortgage lender can be backlogged in underwriting. Home appraisers can be spread too thin, taking weeks to complete an appraisal order. Home inspectors, contractors and other service providers are also in high demand. Moving and storage companies charge their highest rates during the peak season.
5. Better deals. According to Consumer Reports, December is the best time to buy new appliances. You’ll also get better pricing from full-service moving companies who are not as busy this time of year. Contractors and other home service providers are more eager for new business.
Looking to sell your Houston home? We will provide you with a free, no-obligation market value analysis and pre-sale consultation. Obtaining the expert advice of the KW Energy Corridor Team is the first step in a successful home sale! Contact us today for your free consultation!
KW Energy Corridor Team
11757 Katy Fairway | Suite 930
Houston, TX 77079