Inexpensive Staging Tips for Houston Home Sellers
When selling your Houston home, good market preparation is the key to attracting top-dollar offers. A modest investment in time and accessories can help your home stand out from the competition! We have some inexpensive home staging tips to help you maximize your home’s market potential.
First, a word of caution. A home that has condition issues, or is extremely outdated, may not benefit much by staging. If your home has some deferred maintenance, begin by addressing any repairs or cosmetic updates that you can feasibly tackle. Depending on your home’s market value, condition, and your equity position, de-cluttering and cleaning could be as much staging as you wish to pursue.
In most cases, even minor, inexpensive home staging can improve your home’s appeal, leading to fewer days on market and better offers. Your KW Energy Corridor Agent can give you specific guidance for your home during your free market consultation, and refer you to professional home staging consultants if you wish! In the meantime, begin with these ideas:
- Remove debris from lawn and trim landscaping as needed.
- Power-wash home siding, windows, walkways and driveways.
- Add new a welcome mat and potted flowers by entrance.
- Thoroughly clean floors, walls and windows.
- Thoroughly clean tubs, showers, shower doors and toilets.
- Paint central rooms of the house, such as the living room, kitchen and master bedroom.
- Remove clutter from closets, cabinets, drawers. As a rule of thumb, they should be only 1/2 full.
- Remove personal photos, awards and trophies.
- Put away keepsakes and valuable collectibles.
- Tone down any heavily-themed rooms to make them appear more neutral and versatile.
- Remove excess furnishings to open up living space.
- Clean light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Install higher-watt bulbs in fixtures to maximize lighting, which enhances space. (Do not exceed fixture limits.)
- If drapes or blinds are faded, damaged or outdated, replace them for a brighter, more modern look.
- If the carpeting is worn or stained, replace it. Using thicker padding under new carpeting will give it a plush, luxurious feel, even if the new carpet itself is moderately priced.
- Remove small appliances from kitchen countertops.
- Remove medicines and personal products from washrooms.
- Install new shower curtains in bathrooms, and hang new towels from towel bar.
Strategically place a few home accents. For example, place a new soap dish with colorful guest soaps in washrooms. Put place settings on the dining room table and include a centerpiece. Brighten the kitchen with a fresh fruit bowl. Perk up the couch with a couple of new throw pillows. Add interest to a plain room with a colorful throw rug.
The main goals are to emphasize space and light, and help your buyers feel comfortable in the home!(You don’t need to turn your home into an art museum!)
Maximizing the profit on your Houston home sale begins with an expert market analysis by the KW Energy Corridor Team! Let us provide you with a personal real estate consultation and customized strategies for a top-dollar sale. There is no fee, and no obligation.
Our professional resources, local expertise and global marketing will be your advantage! Contact us today!
KW Energy Corridor Team
11757 Katy Fairway | Suite 930
Houston, TX 77079