Best Curb Appeal Plants for Your Houston Home
The summer season is pretty much here now that Memorial Day weekend has come and gone in Houston. It’s time to list your Houston home, if wanting to sell this summer, and the KW Energy Corridor Team is here to help!
First off, you want you to make a good first impression with impressive curb appeal. After all, most buyers will see the exterior of your home before anything else. By adding beautiful plants to the foundation around your Houston home, you could make a big impact on the appearance.
Here are some of the best plants, with minimal maintenance, to add to your Houston yard, according to HouseLogic:
- Hydrangeas – These gorgeous, big bloomers grow 3-5 feet tall, spread 3-5 feet wide, and they do well in neutral or slightly acidic soil. Plant at least two feet from your siding for best results.
- Encore Azaleas – These grow 3-5 feet tall and 3-5 feet wide as well, and they grow in sunny spots where other azalea types would fry. Plant in slightly acidic soil with lots of compost.
- Carissa Holly – This compact plant grows 3-4 feet tall and 4-6 feet wide. It makes a great, glossy background to other flowering perennials. It’s drought-resistant, but likes water and mulch too.
- Rhododendron – This tall plant can grow 3-10 feet tall and 3-6 feet wide. It’s great for planting in front of tall foundation walls or porches, and may even climb up the corner. Partial sun is best.
- Laurel ‘Otto Luyken’ – This plant will grow 3 feet tall and 6 feet wide. It flaunts green foliage year-round, spiky white flowers in spring, and black fruit in summer. Shape it, or let it grow naturally.
- Heavenly Bamboo – This plant grows 4-5 feet tall and 3 feet wide. It also produces texture and color year-round. Enjoy red foliage and berries in the winter, and green foliage in the summer.
- Blue Angel Hosta – This will grow 2-3 feet tall and 3-4 feet wide. It grows best in shady sides of your house, with moist and mulched soil. Enjoy large, tropical leaves and bell-shaped flowers in the summer.
- Knockout Rose – These grow 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide. They produce continuous blooms and are disease-resistant and easy-care. These will keep curb appeal strong for months!
For more plants, and more information on these plants, check out the HouseLogic article in its entirety. What other plants do you love to grow in your Houston yard? Leave a comment and share!
When ready to buy a Houston home, sell a Houston home or both, the KW Energy Corridor real estate team is here to make it happen. Summer is the perfect season for accomplishing your real estate goals in the Energy Corridor region of Houston. Contact us as soon as you’re ready to get started!
KW Energy Corridor Team
11757 Katy Fairway | Suite 930
Houston, TX 77079