Pull Off the Minimalist Look in Your Houston Home
Are you loving the minimalist trend in home design? It’s the idea of ridding yourself of clutter, eliminating access items in your Houston home, and giving off an uncluttered, organized appearance all the time. What do you think, yay or nay? Leave a comment and let your KW Energy Corridor real estate team know what you think of this trend!
If you’d like to incorporate this style of home decorating into your Houston home, without making your home look too harsh or unlived in, here are a few ideas:
- Use natural wood. Whether it’s your floors, interior doors or furnishings, natural wood is in when it comes to minimalist home design. Wood makes a home feel less stark, which can happen with minimalism. HouseLogic recommends maple, honey and walnut shades.
- Emphasize exposed brick. Since not many accessories goes into a minimalist home, the architecture really takes center stage! Consider adding an accent wall of exposed brick, or a brick fireplace. Even if you paint the brick, the variation in texture adds visual interest.
- Include warm metallic. Many homeowners find the minimalist approach to look harsh or dull if it’s all white and black. Warm metallics help to warm up a room, such as shades of copper or gold. They still look sleek, but also warmer. Consider metallic lighting fixtures or door or cabinet knobs.
- Use textured fabric. You don’t want your Houston home to look like a jail cell! Use textured fabrics to add warmth, but also coziness and hominess. This could be a chunky throw blanket for the couch, a textured rug for the living room, or fuzzy pillows on couches or beds.
- Add plants. Bringing the outside in is popular in most home design trends, and it’s no different with the minimalist approach! Whether it’s a bouquet of fresh flowers in a vase on your kitchen or dining room table, or potted houseplants throughout the rooms of your house, it’s hard to go wrong with plants.
Here are some more tips from HouseLogic. While it’s nice to live in a space free of clutter, you also don’t want it to end up looking too stark and bare. These are great tips for finding balance in your Houston home!
When ready to sell your Houston home, or when ready to buy a home in the Houston real estate market, contact us. Your KW Energy Corridor team is standing by, ready to help you achieve all of your real estate goals this summer season in Houston!
KW Energy Corridor Team
11757 Katy Fairway | Suite 930
Houston, TX 77079